About Me

I am 29 and have a 21 month old at the time of writing this profile. I'm going to try to get fitter and I'm doing the couch to 5k programme with an iPhone app called GetRunning.

Monday 12 July 2010

Week Two, Run One DONE :)

That wasn't so bad.  LOVING the drizzle it was lovely to run in despite puddles.  I was amazed that I didn't find it so hard. 

I did cheat a bit.  I slowed my pace a lot whilst running to the point where I had to speed up a bit for fear I was running slower than I was walking!  On the last of six runs I sped to my previous week speed and what feels like my natural running pace and that pushed me.  I think I'll do alternate slow/fast or something on the rest of this weeks runs.

In all, enjoyable :)

3 comments:

  1. I think I'm getting slower with each passing week! I'm planning on doing the program any way I can, slowing down as I need to and working on building up my speed once I've finished it. Will need something else to aim for once it's over or I'll probably give up!

    Well done for completing W2D1!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello! Thanks for your comment on my blog. Don't worry about your speed at all, just aim to complete the time. I was really slow on week 2 - I even repeated week 2. It's all about building up your fitness and muscles slowly - you'll get there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys! I too will have to have another aim when this is over otherwise I wont carry on either! I know me!

    ReplyDelete