About Me

I am 29 and have a 21 month old at the time of writing this profile. I'm going to try to get fitter and I'm doing the couch to 5k programme with an iPhone app called GetRunning.

Tuesday 6 July 2010

I'm going to start running

Ok, I've been here before and got as far as running for about 20 minutes on a treadmill but I'm doing it properly this time. I have great trainers from my previous gym visits, I have enough sports clothes to be getting on with and I've just downloaded the fantastic GetRunning app for my iPhone.

I'm planning on doing the couch to 5k programme which will take me through 9 weeks of gradually increased running until I'm doing 30 minutes uninterrupted.

So, yesterday while my daughter was at my mother-in-law's as I was working I took an extra 45 minutes and got outside. I live in rural suffolk so where to run isn't an issue - fields and tracks galore, and it's pretty flat yippee! I managed to complete the first stage getting home very beetroot faced and tired out, it was a bit of a struggle in the hot sun even though it looks easy on paper - walk for 90 seconds run for 60 and repeat 8 times. I covered about 2 miles in that time which was astonishing.

I have found this fantastic google service that allows tracking routes http://www.gmap-pedometer.com SO useful.

Today I have a rest day. My legs are sore when I walk so I'm resting quite a bit but we have a new mini fitness trampoline that I just can't resist and I keep popping onto it for a bounce! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment