About Me

I am 29 and have a 21 month old at the time of writing this profile. I'm going to try to get fitter and I'm doing the couch to 5k programme with an iPhone app called GetRunning.

Friday 23 July 2010

Week Three FINISHED!! :)

Another week done.

Actually I'm having thoughts that I should repeat week three but I'll see how it goes on Monday first. 

Today the weather was cloudy and it had been raining a lot overnight so it was a lot cooler which made it much more comfortable.  I fancied another route so instead of my usual, I went along the main road to a turning that took me towards the village church, which I had thought was quite a long way.  However, halfway there and I regretted it!  The road/lane to the church has some major steep downhills which meant only one thing and I didn't want to face that on my return!  So I turned around after the first downhill and made my way back aware that the times would be out.  I took a swift turning into a field marked public footpath and walked along that for a while before turning back just past the halfway announcement.

This is the first time I've ran along a proper road!  The final 3 minute run saw me running partly along the lane but mainly on the pavement of a sometimes very busy main road that links villages and nearby towns.  At 6:20 it wasn't too busy but there were some cars!  Oddly enough, on that run I was faster, had a much better pace and was completely spurred on by the cars and me knowing I didn't want to look like an idiot! That's the only part of road I can run on here, the pavement stops for about another 2 miles.

I'm not sure whether it was because I had warmed up by the last run or whether it really was the cars helping me along but it was such an easier run.  Very happy with that.

Still unsure about whether I should re-do week three.  The first 3 minute run was hard going, and that's three minutes for God's sake...THREE MINUTES!  That should be so easy, no?  So I'm undecided I'll see how week four goes and see from there!

Now, I'm only just fresh from the shower so gotta go get ready for the day ahead.

V

2 comments:

  1. LOL, just had to post as found this by accident through the runners forum. It is so scary as I also have a 21 month old daughter and tonight finished week 3 day 3! Only difference is I am 30. Good luck with it, will follow how you are doing for some motivation! Hayley.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your comment. Have you done your week 4 day 1 today then? Keep in touch - it's good to know someone who is at the same stage as me! :)

    ReplyDelete