About Me

I am 29 and have a 21 month old at the time of writing this profile. I'm going to try to get fitter and I'm doing the couch to 5k programme with an iPhone app called GetRunning.

Sunday 11 July 2010

Eve of Week 2

Tomorrow my week 2 begins.

I did my third run of week one on Friday and found it a little easier than the previous two but still hard work.  I must be so unfit.  I see those 'proper runners' and they must be so fit they don't even look a tenth as beetroot red as I do for starters.  They don't have struggling faces they're all happy and relaxed.  Me - I'm puffing like a steam train! 

I did some great stretches after the run/walk and remembered to shake them out, something I'd forgotten on the previous outings.  That made a huge difference and I'm pleased to report I didn't ache at all.  Not even the next day. :)  Super happy at that.

Now I have to start week two, slightly apprehensive I have to run for 90 seconds, god that seems so easy when it's written like that!  I can't wait to be fitter!  I've had two rest days as the programme suggested which has put me off my game a little, now I feel like I can't be bothered to go tomorrow.  I know I should and I will - this is where I can so easily not bother and fall behind or even just stop completely but I mustn't.  It's going to rain tomorrow so I can either go out early or in the afternoon.  I'm working tomorrow and don't have my daughter so tempting to go later in the day but think I'll aim for early.  It's done then for the day!

I don't feel fitter than I did this time last week so I'm really not convinced that I'll manage tomorrow well but we will see, and I shall report back!

Sorry for the rambling, I'm tired and off to get a good if not warm night's sleep.

(here's a pic I took Friday very early morning on my run I wont take more they're a bit same-y!)

No comments:

Post a Comment