About Me

I am 29 and have a 21 month old at the time of writing this profile. I'm going to try to get fitter and I'm doing the couch to 5k programme with an iPhone app called GetRunning.

Wednesday 28 July 2010

Week 4 Run 2

Today I ran my second week 4 run.  As before this contained two 5 minute runs and two 3 minute runs. 

I almost didn't make it.  I overslept by half an hour and was a bit unsure about going out as my daughter has been waking earlier lately but I took a chance and left her and my fiance sleeping as I crept out of the door!

SO glad I did.  It was a gorgeous sunny morning.  I did the 5 minute warm up but did it slower, I don't know what it is lately with my calves but they're really struggling with this uphill part of the route.  It's odd as it's been a regular walking route for years anyway and I've never had this problem.

The first 3 minute run went ok my legs felt tight but I had just got out of bed so that's to be expected!  The 5 minute run actually went better than Monday, no pressure headaches.  My legs were aching though.  After this run, I paused the app for a few seconds and stretched my calves before continuing with the walk that proceeded.

The second and last 5 minute run was a pleasant surprise.  It wasn't easy AT ALL, but was a lot better than Monday's.  It helped that it was downhill a little, and that I passed a dog walker who was heading in my direction so I knew he'd be able to see me and that spured me on! 

It was hard, but I'm pleased that it felt a bit easier than Monday.  I'm not sure if I'll manage week 5 yet, I may just have to repeat this week because I'm running at such a stupidly slow pace (at least on my first runs today, where there was no-body about.

Can't wait till they've harvested round here, that's going to make it so much easier, less irritation via heyfever!

So that's that.  I can't write properly as I keep getting my attention taken by the little one lol!

2 comments:

  1. Saw you on runners' forum - sounds as though you're doing really well. Once you get to running 20 mins at a time, you'll just go further and further! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete