About Me

I am 29 and have a 21 month old at the time of writing this profile. I'm going to try to get fitter and I'm doing the couch to 5k programme with an iPhone app called GetRunning.

Saturday 7 August 2010

Week 6 Run 1

I really can't believe I'm on week 6 already!

I managed to beat Jessica-leigh to getting up this morning so was able to go for my run.  I felt a bit mad, getting up at 5:50 on a Saturday morning to run for half an hour in the rain!  Still...I was determined to stick to the programme so get up I did!

I think I expected this run to be a bit easier than normal, having just run the 20 minutes a couple of days before.  Now I think intervals are harder than straight runs!  Today was run 5, walk 3, run 8, walk 3, run 5.  I felt a struggle at the beginning of the first run, but I put that down to it being uphill and early morning, plus I forgot to eat something small before I left. 

The 8 minute run went well, but something weird happened.  I was running alongside a field and could see quite a long way ahead as it is pretty straight there.  I saw someone up ahead coming in my direction.  I usually see a nice dog walker in mornings but I was pretty sure it wasn't her, she doesn't go as far as the field I was on and I couldn't see or hear her dog.  I put my head down for a second, looked up and the person had totally vanished!  Now, the only place someone could have gone in that time would be in to the field or in to the hedge/ditch to the side.  The field had just been cut so there was no long wheat, I could see into the field well - and I could not see that person anywhere.  Logic tells me I just missed them walk off, but I was literally not looking for just a few seconds - there's no way they could have walked or ran out of sight in that time.  So, that spooked me.  Then I thought the person could be waiting in the hedge!  So, as a female running v early in the morning on her own, I chose to turn round a little early and head the opposite way, towards home!  It was almost halfway through the run anyway.  Maybe it was a but silly but I thought better safe than sorry.

So anyway, that over with I continued and headed towards home, completing the remaining runs.  I found the last one much easier but again, that's my downhill!  I tend to run faster when I'm almost finished, I think it's because I know I don't have much further to run, so I don't need to pace myself so much. 

All in all, it went well.  Not 100% happy but it wasn't agony! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment