About Me

I am 29 and have a 21 month old at the time of writing this profile. I'm going to try to get fitter and I'm doing the couch to 5k programme with an iPhone app called GetRunning.

Thursday 12 August 2010

No more intervals!

I have three weeks left, that's all.  I'm really going to miss C25K and am already looking around for what to do next.  Might do the one hour runner programme.  Sure it wont be as good as using my GetRunning app though. 

I was just looking through my app and I'm actually excited (albeit nervous) that next week is just three days of 25 minute runs!  I'm hoping that by next Friday I'll be good at that.

The following week is 3 lots of 28 minutes, which after running 3 days of 25 minutes shouldn't be too bad!  Then the final week is 3 lots of 30 minutes!  I can't believe I'm actually looking forward to that.

I know I wont make 5K though!

3 comments:

  1. If I were you, I'd stick to doing 30 min runs for a few weeks before adding anymore distance or time. That's what I did (advice from The Runner's Handbook), and it was good to consolidate and try to pick up speed.

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great, thank you. I'll do that, I might cover more ground if I can speed up. Good tip. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stick with the training and I am sure those 25min runs will be fine!

    Just think how good you will feel after you have done them!

    ReplyDelete