About Me

I am 29 and have a 21 month old at the time of writing this profile. I'm going to try to get fitter and I'm doing the couch to 5k programme with an iPhone app called GetRunning.

Monday 2 August 2010

Week 5 Run 2

I was a bit naughty and had my 2nd run in 2 days today.  I was going to do run 1 again, the one with 3 lots of 5 minutes.  Then I thought I don't know, I'll just see how I go with one 8 minute (this run was 8 mins running, 5 mins walking, 8 mins running) and went from there.  I had intended to do one 8 min if I could then follow the last half of run 1.

Anyway my determination to finish grew!  I ran at 4:15pm it was sunny but a bit of a breeze which was lovely.

I kept a slow pace and thought that around the 3rd minute of the 1st 8 minute run I wouldn't finish it.  By 5 minutes it felt easier and I told myself I only had 3 minutes left.  Only! I almost passed out just contemplating 3 minutes a few weeks ago now it's an 'only'!  Amazing.  The last minute was the hardest.  I think my natural giving up time was at 7 minutes so the last one was a push but I did it and was elated.

The 5 minute walk was bliss. ;)  I recovered my breathing after a minute and a half which was great.

When it came to the second 8 minute stint it was pretty much the same, except the last 2 minutes were a push but oddly enough when I had about 10 seconds left I found myself feeling lighter and that I could manage more.  It wasn't enough to make me continue though!

I know I've said this before but I might just do another run of 8-5-8 before I do the 20 minutes...we'll see!  Phew. Hot!

No comments:

Post a Comment